Now that I have time,I finished this little (in comparison to big project in this section) but valid work.
Modding of Vice probably (along with Far Cry) is for sure my favourite game to mod.
And now,with less time and incentive I want to release all work I done in this years. LOT of script was lost in an Hard Disk failure some time ago (good one,too. Sadly,I miss them) and,for sure,it's late to release this (IMHO) good work. Now in modding there are only big project,and this kind of small project is rather difficult to be valued. Even because some part of this was done a lot of years ago,when I was much more inexperienced (than now. This is probably true
). So I hope that someone still appreciate this kind of work.
is in this mod?
I decided to release a package (because I preferred do a build-in world: maps work along with mission and script ; better than to build random spawn at sh*t) that contain,in order:
- 6 rebuild of original part of the city
. One of them is basically COMPLETLY new (The ugly green wide area in the rear of Sunshine Autos,now is a beautiful place to visit),other are visually changed a few. + 3
my "modder-youth-work" maps : you can choose if you want to install them.
Detailing some maps:SUNSHINE AUTOS STUNT PARK
- Beautiful place,dirty tracks and stunt. Also,vehicle spawn (Maverick and Bloodring vehicle) and a "strategic base" with health and bribe. In third picture you can view the map if you come from the dock shortcut In last picture you can view the maps if you decide to install all package described below! Probably is the place that I like most. An entire album of picture can't say how I like it RALLY MAP
- Map made by God_of_GTA - I inserted it into my pack this beautiful map made by an old friend because it basically the exactly definition of OFF-ROAD. I scripted a vehicle spawn near the entrance,so you can make offroad even if you are on a GREENWOOD. I also made a good checkpoint mission lot of time ago. Now unfortunatelly is gone in byte-paradise. R.I.P.RELAX ISLAND
- Map made by Augu86 - This old modder is great: he made a beautiful island on sud vice city. I fixes some things and I added some goodies on the island. Beautiful place,for sure. In screen you can also see SPECIAL BRIBE,feature listed below AND the drug package,features listed below too DOCK RACEWAY
- Unfortunately this map worked very well with a timed racing mission. It was near the RALLY mission on a wrong day,in the wrong place. Still a beautiful place,through. This is a picture of an amazing (Not exaggerate) ramp. In picture seem more ugly than it's really. Why tommy can't do backflip? I don't know. Also,a good SANCHEZ spawn will do the work.
There are more
things,but I cannot say everything. Pleasure to discover,you know?
- New weapons.dat!
Now game is more difficult (Without going into detail too much: Guns are more powerful,some submachinegun are more powerful because before they was like firing jelly beans,normal shotgun are more powerful,more balance from Ruger and M4.) Generally now weapon are more powerful: game is a little more difficult,and probably is better that.
- Now Vercetti Mansion
is a really....crime mansion. You can find a wide collection of melee
weapon (finally I can try all the weapon without going into that store and also change it very fast,if I want to try something new).
Also,into mansion garden you can find wide collection
of weapon: there are weapon that you never find in other way (like certain submachinegun that are not sold in stores),molotov and some other kind of useful stuff. NOTHING THAT UNBALANCE THE GAME: ABSOLUTELY NOT. Is a good place to take some supplies when you need that.
- SPECIAL BRIBE PICKUP!
Into Vercetti Estate,Relax Island and onto Sunshine Autos Stunt Park you can find a pickup that clear ALL WANTED LEVEL STARS. They are difficult to reach if you REALLY need them (One is on relax island: pretty far),but now you can hide from police without find a car and spray it. It's f*cking idiot,don't you?
-Some health and armor pickup
around the maps. Now you can be sure that if you go into strategic base,you can find some help if you need. Doesn't need to look behind corner hoping that someone (R* programmer) has placed a health pickup.
can be used normally ingame. Pretty much useless,but you can scare people in the street and augment counter in statistic xD. Everyone read statistic,isn't true?
re-introduced. They was only into PS2 version of the game,and removen when it was released on pc. Really a shame: they are much useful: scare people,kill them (if they remain in that area for a long time) and cover yourself from enemy fire. They work very well: try it!
- And,off course,anEASTER EGG: DRUG
. I mean: drug isn't cool. But hey: it's '80! If you find some strange white package,be sharp! Don't take it! Can happen a lot of bad things (14,exactly)!
You can select,through my auto-builded-custom-uber installer (you can look a preview from my previous mod HERE
what you want to install of previously listed features. Sometime I think that it's better the installer than the mod. I hope I get wrong,off course
The pack is very good for "softmod" playthrough and,well,you certain find time to play this f*cking old classic. I hope for that
ALSO DOESN'T REQUIRE NEW GAME! ALL SCRIPT DOESN'T POLLUTE SAVEGAME LIKE OTHER SCRIPT. SO PLAY SAFE!
This pack has also even a evil cousin: The Ultimate Skin Pack ; unfortunately, has not yet been uploaded to GTAGARAGE. MOOOOOOOOOOOOVE ON
WANNA HELP ME? YOU ARE GOOD AT MAPPING? CHECK THIS!
Of course,I must thank myself for resist various headache through developing of that. But would all be wasted if someone hadn't given me some little advice to continue, let me think for a second as well as in some other cases. So thanks to:
- JACK JONES
- Ashwin the new boy
- Silent PL
- Wesser (I hope you will read me)
- the guy that has invented Sanny Builder
- My HD that has lost tons of hours of scripting
- My RAID 0,that doesn't do the same thing as previous one mentioned about.
- 2 CD of GTA Vice City. Semper Fidelis.DOWNLOAD: -GTA Garage: Wait some years.
-My dropbox account: HERE
This post has been edited by Vercetti Fansss on Friday, Aug 17 2012, 07:56