Hello, i have been searching on how to mod GTA through 3dsmax (i have 2009) and have a decent idea. I think im importing my dff files correctly but everytime i try exporting my final work, i get the same error and this was after doing exactly what a friend told me. Before i used to be able to export it but my game crashes so any help that you guys could give me now would be great.
This is EXACTLY what i do...
1. Start 3dsmax with Kam's script installed
2. Under Kam's script, i click "DFF IO" and then "Import DFF" section.
3. I click the little "A" next to "skin the character", it becomes a yellow color.
3. Above the "A" i click the "Import DFF" button and choose a working "head.dff"
4. A message appears saying "The DFF has 3 clumps, please choose one"
5. Up on top, i saw 1 under "Multi. Clump" and changed it to a 3
6. I clicked "Import" and i began working on my head.
7. Once i was done, i went to the Export section on the DFF IO
8. I went to the bottom of the Export section, checked off "as sa body part" and "rename root bone as"
9. Under those 2 checked off boxes was 3 options, "ripped" was highlighted.
10. I click "Bone/Skin Export" and this shows up...
In the picture, i had different things checked off but the same message still appeared after the steps i explained the description above.
I was experimenting, i am very confused
If anyone could help me with as much detailed steps as possible, thank you. A video would be greatly appreciated.
I am trying to make a FPS Russia model, it will be posted online as soon as im done, thanks for your time This post has been edited by XgenDaNcEs on Wednesday, Aug 8 2012, 06:37