Generally if the game had run correctly before and suddenly stops, the quick fix is to Delete the GTA_SA.set File.
Since you playing the game in Win7 have you tried using W98 compatibility mode,with Administrative Privileges?
And... before people here begin investing a lot of time trying to fix a possible NO-FIX situation:
What Version (retail, steam, other online store) Edition 1, 2, 3?)
Details of How you are playing:
1. With the Original DVD in the Drive?
2. OR are you Using a No-CD crack? (There is No fix to be found on this Forum.)
3. OR are you Using a 'backup' disc? (Fix is to use the Original DVD.)
4. OR do you have a Downloaded game from Direct2Drive, or SteamPowered.com
5. If none of the above, then what is the origin of your game? (Please be specific, as otherwise there may not be a fix to found on this Forum.)
|QUOTE (From JAJ: Mar 26 2008 @ 07:37 PM)|
While the game is running, alt-tab
OR press the 'Windows' key to get back to the desktop. Bring up the 'Task Manager', click the 'processes' tab, find gta_sa.exe & right click on it, click on 'set affinity' & uncheck cpu 1 so that cpu 0 is the only one checked.