FULL CREDIT to Andrej Dudenhefnerhttp://mrhaandi.blogspot.com/p/injectsmaa.html
Injects Subpixel Morphological Antialiasing (1 Sample) into most DX9/DX10 programs.
Works on all patches and both IV/EFLC. To install, simply place the files from "d3d9" into your main GTA/EFLC directory.http://www.gtagaming.com/images/mods/1330195597_GTA4SMAA.pnghttp://www.gtagaming.com/images/mods/13301...36f47df534c.jpg
- The first picture shows injectSMAA with no other mods installed.
- The second picture shows injectSMAA combined with iCEnhancer 1.25. The result is outstanding. The usual FXAA used in ENB tends to blur too much of the entire texture. As you can see here the edges show minimal aliasing while the textures now remain sharp.
* There are instructions on how to combine this with any ENB/iCE build at the bottom of the description.
- The good thing about injectSMAA is you can finally achieve Antialiasing without having to use ENB. If you choose not to use ENB/iCE you will find you can run a beautiful looking game using injectSMAA and one of the mods below.
Reality IV 6.2 :
The pros of using one of these above mods instead of ENB are higher FPS (eats 5fps vs. vanilla for me) and less frequent crashes. The cons are that the high quality reflections and bloom effects cannot be replicated. Here's a video example using VisIV1.7.7 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZmBORJ-qjw
I highly recommend using a high-res texture pack with this whether or not you use ENB. This isn't a bad choice:
(data/maps and data/textures folders)
Get some high quality vegetation in there too:
Eryk03's Trees -
Vanni's Trees -
***To use this with ENB make sure to remove all FXAA related files. That would be:
5) Disable AntiAliasing in the enbseries.ini; note that 1 sample of SMAA will look no where near as good as ENB's SSAA. So if you are using AA through enbseries.ini and are happy with the results/FPS, don't use this.
EDIT: Correct a few mistakes I made with removing FXAA, sorry for any confusion.
Posted by Vintage88 This post has been edited by Vintage88 on Tuesday, Feb 28 2012, 04:51