You can help by:
When posting a problem, please, include the following information about your computer:
• Operating system (if you have XP, Vista, or Win7 and which Service Pack(s) is installed)
• Video Graphics card type?
• How much graphics memory, and is it Dedicated or Shared?
• RAM (random access memory)?
This information may also help to identify your problem.
If the game worked before, and have changed OS or Screen settings, If your system upgraded anything (drivers, etc) then the first step is to Delete the GTA_SA.set File. (The GTA_SA.set file is recreated at the end of each game play session. It contains OS data that may no longer be relevant.)
Are you playing the game in Vista/Win7 using
W98 (or XP) compatibility mode,
with Administrative Privileges?
And... before people here begin investing a lot of time trying to fix a possible NO-FIX situation:
What Version (retail, steam, other online store) Edition 1, 2, 3?)
Details of How you are playing:
1. With the Original DVD in the Drive?
2. OR are you Using a No-CD crack? (There is No fix to be found on this Forum.)
3. OR are you Using a 'backup' disc? (Fix is to use the Original DVD.)
4. OR do you have a Downloaded game from Direct2Drive, or SteamPowered.com
5. If none of the above, then what is the origin of your game? (Please be specific, as otherwise there may not be a fix to found on this Forum.)