First of all, it should deserve its own topic as I will frequently update the first post when new info shows up.
Announcement: E3 2011
Release: Holiday 2012
Developer: 343 Industries
Official E3 Teaser
Halo Fest Concept Art reveal
Halo Fest: Halo Fest is the biggest Halo event till date. Not only it was a huge community event, it was also a chance for 343 to tell their fans the future of Halo. The Halo Fest was from August 26-18, 2011. Unfortunately, no gameplay footage was revealed.
Facts and other information:
- Halo 4 is the first part of the new Halo Trilogy. It has been recently revealed that the Trilogy is going to be called The Reclaimer Trilogy
- At Halo Fest, 343 has possibly hinted towards new armor abilities.
- The new Warthog will be a vehicle in Forza Motorsport 4.
- Apparently, there will be many new weapons available (rumored vehicle + weapon customization)
Connections to the past + plot (Spoilers)
- 343i confirmed that the past of Halo, meaning all books, comics and games will come together in Halo 4, meaning that everything will make sense
- It's also confirmed that the mysterious planet is not the Onyx shield world from Halo: Ghosts of Onyx.
- For the first time in Halo, H4 won't be only a sequel. It will have flashbacks as well.
- John's armor change has a story-wise meaning as well.
- 343i wants to give the Chief a bit different personality.
- Halo: Anniversary will contain new Terminal videos, which will be strongly connected to Halo 4.
I just hope that length of campaign will be long and level design will be good. Halo Reach was great but too short and some level design is a bit boring. Halo 3 has a great atmosphere, but then I can't believe the final boss is that f*cking boring cube again . gameplay should have some changes though,since you can evade all the enemies and process next checkpoint after Halo 2,which could make the game meaningless,and it's still meaningless when instead of evade you need fight a bunch of Covenant and die before reach next checkpoint. 343 seem did a great job on bring back CE remake,their style is really similar to Bungie so I put my hope on 343
Music is such a big part of games that you think they'd know not to mess with it. Hopefully this guy will have something as memorable as the main menu theme of Halo 3 or the soundtrack to Reach. Also, in response to Vertical Limit, 3 is my personal favourite for the multiplayer physics and the sheer fun of it, but since no one plays it any more Reach is probably the best bang for your buck game.
"We are beginning a new saga with 'Halo 4' and embarking on a journey that will encompass the next decade of 'Halo' games and experiences," said Phil Spencer, corporate VP of Microsoft Studios. "Millions of fans worldwide have been eagerly awaiting the opportunity to step back into the boots of Master Chief, and with 'Halo 4' leading the charge, we're confident 2012 will be the most successful year in Xbox history." Source: The Inquirer (http://s.tt/19qcE)