02fishera & Mokrie Dela presents:
Grand Theft Auto: Thames City
Setting based on: London
Thames City, 2012.
The Olympics are drawing nearer and the city prepares itself for them. Across the city shopkeepers are repainting their stores, businesses are selling Olympic-related merchandise and the country prepares itself to be seen by the whole world.
But behind this glossy facade lies a seedy underbelly of the criminal world.
Behind the glass towers, behind the bright colours of the renovated shops stand the council estates, the cramped streets and dreary back alleys.
Despite the bourgeois government's efforts, the criminal world is still very much alive, outside of the 'Olympic zone', the city's true face lurks... (Click to Visit the Thames City Topic)
Logo and GTA Concept by 02fishera.
The following table is for reference, and does not necessarily reflect the missions' chronological order.
Click any of the mission titles to read that mission.
|.||Mission #:||Mission Title:||Mission Giver:||Unlocked by:||Unlocks:|
|PRELUDE||.||Life & Death in Thames Town||.||.||.|
|.||I||The Big City||N/A||N/A||II:Unwelcome Home|
|.||II||Unwelcome Home||N/A||I: The Big City||III:Hanging Out|
|.||III||Hanging Out||N/A||II: Unwelcome Home||IV:Out on the Prowl & My First Car|
|.||IV||Out on the Prowl||N/A||III: Hanging Out||VIII:Trouble in Paradise|
|.||V||My First Car||N/A||III: Hanging Out||VI:Uncle Vince|
|.||VI||Uncle Vince||N/A||V: My First Car||VII:Tow Problem|
|.||VII||Tow Problem||N/A||VI: Uncle Vince||VIII: Trouble In Paradise|
|.||VIII||Trouble In Paradise||N/A||IV: Out on the Prowl & VII: Tow Problem||IX: Brothers For Life|
|.||IX||Brothers for Life||N/A||VIII: Trouble In Paradise||X: You Can't Change Fate or XI: Ashes to Ashes.|
|.||X||You Can't Change Fate||N/A||X: Brothers For Life||XI: Ashes to Ashes|
|.||XI||Ashes to Ashes||N/A||IX: Brothers for Life or X: You Can't Change Fate||PART ONE|
|PART ONE||.||A NEEDLE IN A HAYSTACK||.||.||.|
|.||1||Start With a Bang||Vince James||Prelude||2: Shoot Your Gun|
I will keep update this when I get the chances.-Ant Matthews-
Anthony Matthews has just celebrated his twenty second birthday. His home is a third story council flat on an estate in Upton. He is surrounded by benefit frauds and crack addicts, but generally keeps himself to himself.
But despite living in what many people would call a sh*t hole, he's very happy with live. He lives at home with his mother, who works as a nurse, and has spends most of his time with his half-brother, causing all sorts of benign mischief. Live is pretty good....
...Or so he thought...-Major Gameplay Points-
- Whilst still possible, actions such as stealing cars and mugging people shall be more difficult than normal. However as the story progresses, Ant will learn new skills making it easier to commit crime.
- As previously mentioned, Ant will learn new skills as the story progresses.
- A regenerating health system has now been put in place. The life bar still remains but it will slowly refill when Ant is not taking damage. Armor is still available and will still protect Ant from gunfire.
- An optional First Person camera is now available.
- The player now has the ability to aim down the sight of a gun. Doing this will temporarily switch the camera to a first person view.
- Remote control vehicles return. As well as driving RC Cars, the player is able to pilot UAVs (Unmanned Air Vehicles). -HUD-
A similar HUD to the one in IV is used. This time the players health bar is displayed in red and the armor bar is displayed in a royal blue. Nearby cops are marked on the minimap at all times with a blue circle.-Transport-The Thames City Underground
- The most used public transport service in the city, the Tube is the biggest and oldest of its kind in the world. The Tube provides cheap and fast transport and with many stations dotted about the city, its most likely to be one of your most used means of transport.Taxis
- Hop into one of the famous Black Cabs, select where you want to go and sit back, relax and enjoy the ride as the driver takes you to your destination. Taxi rides can be skipped at extra cost.Buses
- Take a ride on TC's famous red Double Deckers. Simply wait at a bus stop until the bus turns up, board the vehicle and get off when the bus arrives at your stop.Boats
- Take a relaxing boat ride along the River Thames. Docks are found at various points along the River.-Side Missions-
Unlike in past GTA's, players will not be able to survive with the money that they make in the story missions alone. There are many ways that the player can make extra cash during and after the story. This is a short guide to some of these jobs:Vigelante Missions
- Like in IV, steal a police car and use the on board computer to track down wanted criminals. Go to the criminals location and either make an arrest or kill them. If you arrest the criminal, drive to the nearest police station and collect your reward. There are 30 in total and all must be completed to gain 100% completion.
Rewards: £500 for killing the criminal, £1000 for arresting the crimiinal. Paramedic
- Like in previous games, the player must take injured civilians to the nearest hospital before the time runs out. There is an infinate amount of paramedic missions but the player must complete 50 to gain 100%.
Reward: Free Medical TreatmentTaxi
- Like in previous games, the player must take customers to their required destination within the time limit. There are an infinate amount of taxi missions but the player is required to complete 50 to gain 100%.
Reward: Free Taxi Rides, Taxi BusinessMuggings
- Rob pedestrians of their hard earned cash by threatening them with a weapon. Beware some people may put up a fight and if you are spotted by a cop, you will gain a wanted level.Drag Racing
- Drag racing is a fast and enjoyable way of making money. Find a fast car and head to the icon on the map. When in the race your are required to use dive the car as if you are dirving a manual. On the PS3, you use R2 to change to a higher gear and L2 to change to a lower gear. On the 360, you use RT and LT. The player must win 10 races to gain 100%.
Reward: Super GT delivered to your safehouse.Street Racing
- Same as in previous games, beat your opponents around the course to win the race. The player must win 10 races to gain 100%.
Reward: Comet delivered to your safehouse.White Van Man
- Like the truck missions in San Andreas, you must deliver the cargo to its destination safely before the time runs out. There are 10 missions that the player must complete to gain 100%.
Reward: Courrier Business-Activities and Minigames-Football
- Participate in 5-a-side matches that are being played in the city. Simply go to the icon on the map and then walk into the marker to begin the match. Each match costs £5 to participate in.
Reward for winning: £30Darts
- Same as in IV, play it either on a date or with a friend.Drinking
- Like in IV, visit a pub with a friend and get drunk!Bike Races
- Grap a bike and race around city. Similar to street racing, go through the checkpoints and beat the other racers to win.
Reward for winning: £100 Hot Air Balloon Ride
- Take to the sky and see the sights of Thames City like you've never seen them before. The Hot Air Balloon Ride replaces the helicopter tours from IV. There are 5 different tours taking you around different parts of the city.Basketball
- Play with your friend in a 1 on 1 match. Courts can be found across the city.Air Hockey
- Same as in TLaD.Comedy Club
- Watch some of the funniest comedians about at the Laughing Stock Comedy Club. The line up contains: Omid Djalili, Jimmy Carr, Al Murrey, Russel Howard and Jo Brand.Golf
- Play a relaxing round of golf either alone or with a friend. Or alternatively you could beat someone up with the club.Internet Games
- Play video games like in San Andreas only on the in game internet instead of a console.Marathon
- Just like Beat the Cock in San Andreas apart from this is a marathon instead of a triathlon, race against computer controlled players across Thames City. This post has been edited by 02fishera on Monday, Apr 4 2011, 16:33