DOWNLOAD AND VIDEO NOW AVAILABLE!
CHECK END OF POST.
Thanks for downloading Extreme Graphics and Realism Enhancement.
Current version is EGRE v2.85
You don't need Extreme Graphics Enhancement 2.0
nor previous versions in order to make this mod work, however, it is convenient.
This mod is a graphics enhancer
, tweaking several mods.
The only files here that are not mine
are the clothes
and I got the respective permission from each modder
:HERE'S THE MESSAGE I SENT THEM AT THROUGH GTAFORUMS PM SYSTEM:
I made a mod called Extreme Graphics and Realism Enhancement and I though I could include some new clothes packed in the player.rpf file to share with the most people we can, so, I'd like to ask you for permission to let me include some of your clothes in that file of my mod. The mod contains several more files, and I'd like you to give me permission.
I'll be waiting for an answer, hopefully positive,
Ricardo Estevez."EACH ANSWER:DrDean
"Yeah. Sure, go ahead."simkas
"Sure, go ahead."polodave
"Yes, I give you my permission.
Take the skins that you want.
There is no problem
and do not forget to add credits in readme file. Thank you.
Greetings. Polodave "
(by the way, all the respective credits are there )AxeLite
"Of course I give my permission.
All my mods are free!
Thanks for asking."
Plus, this version of the mod made by me, from scratch, so stop the insults and the threads locking. Therefore, there are no reasons to complain from anyone. The files are made by me (no stolen files from nobody, and the credits are there).
Here are the components of the mod so far:Changelog:
- Improves vehicles' handling, damage, physics and details
- Improves weapons characteristics (strengh, accuracy, textures, damage, visual effects, explosions and icons)
- A bunch of new clothes (see credits for them at the end of this text)
- New colored radio hud
- Improves visual effects, time cycling and weather conditions (better raining, clouds, etc)
- Better reflections
- Smoother shadows
- Improved effects (smoke, dirt, explosions, bullet holes, rain, leaves, dust)
- Better blood and pedestrian/player damage
- More realistic population and traffic density
- Improved vehicle spawning variety and colors
- Better draw distance
- Improved textures
- Improved vegetation and fences
- Better motion of blur and depth of field (quite reduced)
- And more...
- Improved shadows
- Changed some weather properties
- Changed cargrp.dat
- Fixed some minor bugs
- Mod name changed to Extreme Graphics and Realism Enhancement once I changed more things than graphical system (also changed weapons properties, clothes, etc - this should be the starting name of the mod, but nevermind)
- Removed the ASI Loader (dsound.dll), FileCheckFix (filecheckfix.asi) and Scripthookdotnet.asi files so people can stop blaming me about the game crashing at start up or any time, once this is not my fault but Alexander Blade's duty to fix those problems
- Extremely improved the blood and projects textures (looks sweet, now)
- Improved the textures on vegetation and fences (plus some more environmental properties)
- Changed handling.dat configuration according to my previous mod Realistic Vehicle Damage so now cars have realistic handling and damage system
- Edited once more the vehicles.ide and cargrp.dat files
- Fixed a bug on view distance (things looked blurry sometimes and landscape took quite much time spawning and drawing itself)
- Removed the commandline.txt file (that file was an extra for low-end pc's and people with good pc's where using it by mistake so the game was weird - removed the file, fixed the problem)
- Added a changelog.txt file on the .rar so you can check the changes from version to version
- Worked on corona lights (headlights and taillights) - also worked on every light in the game (from environmental light [sun] to nightlight [buildings and lamps])
I took new screens of the mod and made a new video (trailer) called Extreme Graphics and Realism Enhancement ~ Trailer
which I will post on YouTube
as soon as I can.
I will also host this update at www.gtagaming.com
- thanks to my friend rappo
for uploading the mod - and I will try to upload the mod somewhere else like www.gtainside.com,www.gtagarage.com,www.gta-expert.com
.Here are some pictures to tease you
I'll post the link of the trailer as soon as I can.
However, here's a little of gameplay: YOUTUBECredits for the clothes:
- simkasThanks to:
, for uploading my mod to his websites (www.gtagaming.com and gta4-mods.com)
, for tips and help with the water texturing
, for help with the weather
for explaining me on how to edit textures on Photoshop and photo editing tips
- gtaforums' coordinators
for not locking my topic
- all those who I forgot to mention but helped me
- all "fans" for suggestions, bugs reports and support.
Also, you can host this mod anywhere you like ONLY
premission and with all this text there (including installation, credits, greetings, description and all sort of information and changelog
If you have the version 126.96.36.199 of the game, you need:
- ASI Loader 1.02b by Alexander Blade;
- FileCheckFix for v188.8.131.52 by Alexander Blade;
Copy these files to GTAIV/common/data:
Copy these files to GTAIV/common/data/effects:
Copy these file to GTAIV/pc/textures:
Copy this file to GTAIV/pc/data:
Copy these files to GTAIV/pc/models/cdimages:
Copy these files to GTAIV/pc/data/maps/props/vegetation:
Copy this file to GTAIV/pc/data/cdimages:
Copy the file "rage_postfx.fxc" to:
Close everything, reboot your PC, sign up at RGSC
, and click Play Game
on the RGSC menu.Troubleshooting:
The game isn't starting? Reboot the system and the game. There's no need to reinstall the game.
The game crashes? Try to find out why and what error is and send me a PM with your problem that I'll see what I can do about it.
Any different problem, send me a PM at gtaforums.com.
NeedleIV and all its respective functions.Download: Click here.
Download Extreme Graphics and Realism Enhancement 2.86 [PATCH FOR v2.85] here
It's a patch, so you still need Extreme Graphics and Realism Enhancement 2.85 for this mod to work at all.
- rage_postfx.fxc file was added
- Installation tutorial is now correct and complete
Sorry about that, guys :x This post has been edited by rinuextreme on Sunday, Jan 24 2010, 22:46