Nerdook's Side Quests Mod (GTA IV)
Mod Version: 1.4 (updated 16/11/2009)
Country: malaysia (no, really)
Scripthook: Aru's C++ Scriphook (thanks Aru!)VERSION 1.4!
Download from here (mediafire)
- Some stability fixes and fixes to missions
- Cruise control only for normal vehicles (not bikes)
- Additional mode: Elimination (kill a single target)
1) Make sure you have GTAIV patched to at least 126.96.36.199, else it might not work.
2) Download any asi file loader into your GTAIV directory
3) Remove any previous versions of this mod that you might have installed
3) Extract Scripthook.dll and nsq_13.asi into your GTAIV directory
4) Enjoy the game!
What does it do?
GTAIV is a great game: a living breathing city with realistic physics and amazing AI. However, outside of the missions, there aren't really that many interesting things to do (except going out on YET ANOTHER annoying date)... so I've decided to add additional single-player sidemissions to the game that are short and repeatable.
Features so far:
- Added a mercenary system where you can recruit a buddy from among 12 possible characters. Some of the rest will randomly show up to disrupt your sidemissions: after all, Niko isn't the only badass in Libery City!
- Random side missions: so far there are several possible types of missions, all randomly done (assassination, VIP defence, escort services, item/car theft, gang elimination, prisoner breakout, illegal street races, target elimination and a fight club). An NPC wandering around nearby will provide the missions when asked for.
- Added a Rage meter: as you beat people up, it adds to your Rage (shown on the lower left as an additional HUD item). You can press TAB at any time and Niko will go into a bullet time mode where his health rapidly regenerates.
- Added taxi missions. I have no idea why Rockstar removed these. So I added it back. Just press use (default 'E') to start one when you're driving any taxi.
- You can now board the bus for $5. Again, just press use (default 'E').
- Cruise control can now be activated by pressing CROUCH while driving.
The keys are mapped to your GTAIV key config in the game, except for the TAB key triggering bullet time mode. If you change your key config, the help messages and triggering keys will be changed accordingly.
Legal Disclaimer & Copyrights
This mod is provided as-is, so please don't send me any angry messages if it crashes your game! I've done my best with extensive testing and a few rounds of code cleanups.
No part of the mod should be used elsewhere without written permission, and this mod is released as freeware. So don't sell it. If you like it, do tell me, it's nice to know that someone out there enjoyed this. This post has been edited by nerdook on Sunday, Nov 15 2009, 22:41