Before you post a topic, please read the pinned bug list
. It is likely that you're not the first person to encounter a problem, and we may have found a solution already.
If the bug list cannot help, you'll need to post a new topic. Please provide useful topic titles. "Help" or "problem" give us no insight into the problem - every topic in the Troubleshooting forum will no doubt entail a problem seeking help!
To get the most amount of help for your problem, we need as many details as we can get about your system's specs. Therefore it is highly suggested (read: demanded) that you provide:
• What platform: PC, PS2, or X-Box
What version number of GTA: VC
for PC, the 1.1 patch was pretty much obsolete a month after it was released-- for certain problems on PS2, it would be a good idea to post what version-- original, platinum, doublepack, triplepack.
•Did the game work normally at any time before, did you change anything
(To accurately diagnose problems the following should be posted for any PC problems)
• What CPU and its speed
• How much RAM, also what kind (DDR, SDRAM) and speed
• What video card
• Which version of Windows (and any service packs)
• Which DirectX version
• What sound card
• History: Is this your first install? Did it work once before? Anything that is relevant.
• Screenshots, if applicable. This is especially necessary with display issues which can be explained far easier by use of visual aids.
• Above all else, a detailed description of your problem. Give as much information as possible! Keep it relevant, though. We don't need a fifty-page printout from some diagnosis program. Usually the above prompts will suffice.
If you don't know the more detailed specs of your system, and the system control panel is of little help for most of these, download and use Everest Free Edition 2.20
or Fresh Diagnose
. Be sure to extract only the relevant information from these programs - again, lengthy printouts are meaningless and tedious to rifle through. Do not ask questions relating to modding in any way or form - we have an entire editing subforum to house any such inquiries.
Sorry, I'm just getting tired of seeing people ask questions and everyone else trying to help have to turn around and ask that person questions that should have been already included with the original question. This post has been edited by Spuds725 on Thursday, Oct 4 2007, 14:40