Could use a little more info:
If the game worked before, and have changed OS or Screen settings, If your system upgraded anything (drivers, etc) then the first step is to Delete the GTA_SA.set File. (The GTA_SA.set file is recreated at the end of each game play session. It contains OS data that may no longer be relevant.)
Are you playing the game in Vista/Win7 using
W98 (or XP) compatibility mode,
with Administrative Privileges?
And... before people here begin investing a lot of time trying to fix a possible NO-FIX situation:
What Version (retail, steam, other online store) Edition 1, 2, 3?)
Details of How you are playing:
1. With the Original DVD in the Drive?
2. OR are you Using a No-CD crack? (There is No fix to be found on this Forum.)
3. OR are you Using a 'backup' disc? (Fix is to use the Original DVD.)
4. OR do you have a Downloaded game from Direct2Drive, or SteamPowered.com
5. If none of the above, then what is the origin of your game? (Please be specific, as otherwise there may not be a fix to found on this Forum.)
A note: It isn't necessary to Quote unanswered postings immediately previous to yours, especially large ones. Please, use the Add-Reply or Fast-reply buttons at the bottom of the page.
This post has been edited by lil weasel on Saturday, May 19 2012, 02:16