- If inside a car with a stranger, press the action button to lock the doors and start a kidnapping.
- The kidnapped will be forced by you to call their folks and ask for a ransom to be exchanged at a direction given by you.
- You can hide and retrieve the kidnapped in 3 hideouts: an abandoned garage north of Algonquin, an abandoned factory south of Alderney or in an abandoned building in Dukes.
- Kidnapped can alert the cops if there's one nearby, making you wanted for kidnapping (4 stars!).
- There's a chance that the kidnapped's family will call the cops, making an ambush for you during the exchange.
- Abandon the vehicle with the kidnapped inside to give up the kidnapping or just miss the exchange appointment.
- You have to possess a firearm to kidnap someone.
- Needs HazardX's .net scripthook version 0.891 or later. -> http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=392325
- xLiveLess -> http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=388658
CHANGES SINCE LAST VERSION
- Infernus, Coquette and Stretch owners will have a lot more money to pay a ransom.
- Owners of rusty old cars like Sabre, Emperor and Vigeto will now have only a few bucks to pay a ransom.
- The person waiting the kidnapped will now wait on pavement, rather than street.
- Added random screams of panic from the kidnapped.
- Corrected bug that miscalculated the exchange time if the player saved the game.
- Added code to block player from kidnapping while unarmed.
- Added 2 new hideouts (Dukes and Alderney).
- Added more dialog variaton.
- Corrected bug that deleted the kidnapped in hideout, leading to a script error.
- Added animation when kidnapped is calling his family.
Place the files Kidnapping.net.dll and Kidnapping.ini into the scripts folder within the game directory.
Change the values inside Kidnapping.ini to control the mod behavior.
CutTheChat=0 --> 1 means the conversation between you and the kidnapped at the time of the kidnapping will be more objective and a little less longer. 0 means the conversation will be shown fully.
ChancePedScreamToCops=30 --> in percent. This value means how often a kidnapped will fell confident to alert the cops if one is nearby. Once it's done and if you manage to escape, he won't consider doing it again.
WantedStars=4 --> can go from 1 to 6. Means how many stars you will get if the cops are aware of your kidnapping crime.
ScreamIfWanted=1 --> If you set this value to 1, it means the kidnapped will always scream to the cops and alert them of his situation if you're wanted for other reasons than the kidnapping, raising your wanted level. 0 means the wanted level won't affect his decision on alerting the cops.
MinRansom=10 --> in thousands of dollars, can go from 5 to 99. This is the minimum amount of money the kidnapped's family will offer as a ransom. Owners of rusty old cars like Sabre, Emperor and Vigero can offer as much as 5 times less money.
MaxRansom=50 --> in thousands of dollars, can go from 6 to 100. This is the maximum amount of money the kidnapped's family will offer as a ransom. Stretch, Coquette and Infernus owners can offer as much as 5 times this value.
MinRaiseTimeNeeded=12 --> in hours, can go from 2 to 95. This is the minimum amount of time the kidnapped's family will ask to be able to raise the money and perform the exchange. The time asked is ALWAYS a multiple of MinRaiseTimeNeeded.
MaxRaiseTimeNeeded=48 --> in hours, can go from 3 to 95. This is the maximum amount of time the kidnapped's family will ask to be able to raise the money and perform the exchange. The time asked is ALWAYS a multiple of MinRaiseTimeNeeded.
ChanceCopsAmbush=50 --> in percent. This value means how often the kidnappeds' families will be likely to involve the cops at the moment of the exchange.
WaitingTime=4 --> in hours, can go from 1 to 12. This means how long the kidnapped's family will wait at the exchange point for you to come perform the exchange. If you take longer than this after the appointment time has begun, the kidnapped's family will just give up.
DisplayWarningSince=4 --> in hours, can go from 1 to 12. This is how early the mod will remember you from your exchange appointment. The mod will remember you once an hour.
SoundPeriod=1 --> Can go from 1 to 10. Set this number to adjust the frequency of random panic screams from the kidnapped. These screams don't affect gameplay. 1 means he'll probably scream once at every 20 seconds. 5 means he'll probably scream 5 times every 20 seconds, and so goes on... 0 turns the feature off.