I'm new here and I wonder is anyone still visiting this part of forum?
But all I want to know is your opinion about my idea. I decided to make "GTA 1 Resurrection Patch". The main goal is make GTA 1 a little bit fresher.
What would this patch contains? I've decided to:
* Replace old sprites with new ones
- I mean the vast majority of graphics such as: HUD, weapon boxes, trees, telephone boxes and much more.
* New textures
- brand-new or original but edited textures. It would make old well-known cities a little bit different.
* Characters from GTA3,VC and SA
- remapped characters look like these from 3D versions in each GTA 1 city.
* Brand-new radio stations
- 10 completely different radio stations with various music styles like: rap, electronica, punk, pop, etc.
* Entirely new vehicles
- only the best rated vehicles created for GTA1. Few also inspired by 3D series e.g. BMX in San Andreas instead sh*tty white motorbike
Maybe I forgot about something and I also waiting for your propositions
I tried to add some high quality textures into game, but tiles are only 64x64 px, so after running the game in every available resolution they look really crappy
I'm waiting for yours responses. Do you wanna play with this patch in GTA 1? Is it in your opinion worth to make this kind of patch for 15-years-old game?